My training, racing, things that go through my head, memorable moments, and such.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Being Peace

Breathing in, I calm body and mind
Breathing out, I smile.
Dwelling in the present moment
I know this is the only moment.

This is what I learned today. It is from Thich Nhat Hanh's "Being Peace". It was lent to me by a friend.
Last couple days have been days for going back to the roots. 
For just living.
No planning.

Training has been hard and easy. Depending on my mental state and the strength left in my arms and legs. Last night we started out with six, and by the end only Aaron and I were left running circles around the field. It was fun though to get to run and not have to worry about anyone else's running- only my own. I suppose that is how it is always meant to be, but I haven't quite mastered that yet. I think I am ready to race again, so it will be good. We leave for Gatineau on Wednesday morning! 
breathe 
and
smile

No comments: