My training, racing, things that go through my head, memorable moments, and such.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Days to go

So we are nearing the final days of summer, of training, and racing. This makes me both happy and sad- I can't wait for the awesome times that are yet to come, but it seems strange that before we know it a new season will start and we'll be hitting the books and the rain and the training once more. At the same time I'm ready to start training for next year. So far I haven't had very many successful races, and I know what I need to work on in order to smooth out my mistakes. I'm almost there- so next year will be amazing. And Australia as incentive also helps! 
This last couple days has been hard on everyone I think. We were exhausted from PEI but still trying to get in the necessary training. It was pretty sweet nonetheless. We had one pretty epic track workout, and then I got to go sailing for the first time in probably 5 or 6 years, so that was wicked. I'd like to go out again on a calm day and re-teach myself everything. 
We've also been moving into our new/temporary apartment, and that has been goodish. A lot of work, but probably makes you a better person somehow ;) 
I'm nervous for Kelowna, but at the same time I know I have the capacity to have a great race if I put my head to it, and if I don't make the same mistakes as the last couple races. Or crash. NO crashing! 
And I can't wait for the Kelowna sun!!! And the mountains!!
Guess there will always be things to look forward to and days to go, so let life roll.

No comments: