My training, racing, things that go through my head, memorable moments, and such.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Month in Review



It's been a long time since my last post- so here is the brief overview. I finished exams and a solid week of training before heading home for Christmas on the 17th! Home was great, Christmas was great and everything was great. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a bit more time in Windermere/Panorama, but you can't have it all. On the 26th we returned to Vic for training camp!

Training camp started off on Sunday with a 60 minute run starting before the sun was up, followed immediately with a 6 k swim and then a 2 hour break before a 2 hour bike ride. None of the practices were too intense, but going from one-a-day easy workouts on my own to three workouts killed me! The next week continued along those lines except with added intensity. Before Christmas I had only been doing about 4 k of swimming a practice due to the collarbone thing, so swimming 6+ k a day was hard, and I am definitely one of the slowest swimmers of the gang. I know I am improving even though it can be pretty discouraging. I struggled with glute/hamstring/IT band/knee pain on the runs by the end, so I am hoping to get in some good treatment soon so that I can do all of the workouts this week. The hardest workout of the camp was 6x harder than hamish loop at Beacon hill desc 1-3, 4-6. I only ended up doing 5 of the repeats because coach must have noticed my lack of body functioning. The other hard workout was the last swim of the camp, which for me was 7 kilometers, but for everyone else was 10k. Everyone worked hard, and the atmosphere was very positive- good camp.

Anyways, camp made me feel a lot stronger, and I can't wait for Spring training camp! It is coming up fast. (Not as fast as Hawaii is for the senior squad, seeing as some of them leave today! Lucky...)

Yesterday was my Birthday. Austin, Kyla and I went and saw Avatar! I loved it! Definitely worth seeing! And then we went out for dinner with the team at Milestones on the water. Thank you ALi for being the best friend ever and organizing it! And thanks everyone for coming- hope everyone had fun.

Today was the first day of classes. I haven't bought my books yet.... I even forgot to bring a pen! Funny what a month off does to you.

That's my life in review- Later

2 comments:

idon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
idon said...

i fell asleep during avatar.