My training, racing, things that go through my head, memorable moments, and such.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dear Blog

I am writing this blog post because I am frustrated. What do triathletes normally do when they are frustrated? They go for a run. Or a bike. Or a swim. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING!!! AND I ALREADY DID ONE-LEGGED PUSHUPS!

I am exaggerating my anger levels. I'm just kinda miffy because my screen-print try #1, after 2 days of getting it set up, was an epic fail and I just spent an hour and a half trying to clean the screen, which was also a fail. arrrggggg.

So in order to vent, I am doing what normal people do. DEar Diary....

Anyways, life Update. First off, it is World Championship Weekend, and so that is taking over most of our time. We successfully watched the Men's race VOD without knowing who won before hand (using techniques I created for Kitzbuhel), so that was super exciting! I am so excited for Kirsten, who put together an awesome race in the cold and rain! Silver medal baby! I am extra super excited to watch Paula and see how the Juniors do tomorrow! Good Luck to: Alison, Christine, Joanna, Gaby, Alexander, Matt, Cole, and Paula!

I had my first week of school this week. I had to drop a couple of classes when I realized that they don't count towards my degree at all, and so now I am in 3.5 very easy courses. I tried every single possibility to fit another class in, but nothing worked. Normally easy semesters would be a good thing, but I like to have harder first semesters, so I am actually disappointed. Well not tooo disappointed.

ALSO, I had my IT band surgery on Wednesday. I am healing up quite well, and have officially ditched the crutches as of today! The surgery itself was weird. I don't know what I was expecting, but I don't think I really took the surgery seriously until I was put on a stretcher, hooked up to an IV, doped up on pain killers, my contacts taken away (making me very blind), and not having eaten since dinner the night before. I also felt weird because as I was laying on the stretcher for hours, isolated in my blindness, I came to the realization that I was doing this procedure purely because I want to do triathlon. Other people have to have surgery when they have diseases, cancer, bad bone breaks. My Aunt recently had a double mastectomy. And me, well I was doing it because I want to be able to run. I felt selfish.

Also felt hungry ;)

I am very grateful to Dr. Nelson for getting me in! And for Kyla and Austin for waiting around for me, and then making me dinner. I am grateful that I don't have a disease that forces me to lie starving on a cot with an IV on a regular basis. I am grateful to be able to do triathlon.

venting works.

Oh yes, and if anyone is wondering, the primal diet is going great! I feel healthy and energetic!

Anyways, off to fight with the screen-print again.

ps. SOOOOooo excited for the races tomorrow :)

No comments: