My training, racing, things that go through my head, memorable moments, and such.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Quick Life Update

The last few weeks have been a little crazy, but I think I am settling into a rhythm with school etc. which is good. I think lists are easier to read than paragraphs when you are jumping around topics, so here is my life update list:
- Screen-printing is way harder than I thought it would be.

- Getting back into swimming has been a little harder than I thought it would be.

- (side note: I just ate a bad pecan, and now I can't get the rotten taste out of my mouth).

- I went from having 0 jobs to too many jobs in the span of a day or so, but I am sorting that out right now. Yesterday I had the pleasure of doing back to back sessions of swim coaching (as a substitute instructor) with 5 year olds for an hour and a half. It was exhausting! It was also pretty fun though, we started off as super heros, then kicked over to distant planets in our space ships, than rode noodles as cowboys... yes I did run out of games at 30 minutes and had to stretch my brain for the last 15, but in the end I don't think the kids noticed. And they were all actually quite better swimmers by the end of it so I give myself an exhausted pat on the back.

- Umm... I had to drop out of my camping class (yes that is right- I was in a camping class, and yes it was for my degree) that was going hiking on the Juan de Fuca this weekend, which sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do. I didn't want to not be able to run for another couple months just because I pushed my knee too hard in the healing phase.

- I am now going to hop on the trainer and watch Glee for a bit. As well as try to wash rotten-pecan taste out of my mouth.

Happy THanksgiving!
Oh ps. I am thankful for a lot of things, and I am sure you don't want to read the list, but I think thanksgiving is about being thankful, so no whining for the weekend!
Oh ya, and good luck to all racers.

Later

No comments: