My training, racing, things that go through my head, memorable moments, and such.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Maui 2012

Maui week one is almost over, so I'll do a quick update on how it's been going. Maui is definitely one of the most amazing places on the planet. I always remember that I love it here, but I never quite remember how much.

I have progressed pretty smoothly from school first semester to small break at christmas and now full time triathlete. So far on this trip we have done most of our swims at Kihei pool, which is an awesome pool, although sometimes kind of warm and so in the middle of a hard workout your face begins to explode. We also joined U of A for their last swim in Lahaina, which was fun. We also have done one open water swim, and I saw four turtles.

We have done a bunch of base rides and some harder rides, and have gone up the giant hill to Kula, as well as farther than I have ever gone on the road to Hana, and farther into the West Maui Loop!

Our runs have been fun too. Cane fields, normal fields and even a little jog on the beach.

Here are some pics. I don't have a camera here, as Kyla was bringing her's, but then she forgot her battery at home. These are all iPhone pictures.

Alison on the first ride of the camp
Kyla and the TRX

Paula and Ali in Kula

Ali hiking on Haleakala

Kyla napping

Flower in front of our house

View from West Maui Loop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Looks like a blast. Keep up the good work